At Dreams® Resorts & Spas, we love placing a spotlight on different resort locations to give you an inside scoop of the adventures that await you!
Today, join us as we explore Destination: Panama at Dreams Delight Playa Bonita Panama! Read on to learn about what you can take part in on your vacation getaway to this beautiful country and what we think should be on your Panama bucket list!
Best known for its landmark canal, Panama will wow you with superlatives! This narrow bridge of land linking North and South America is home to lush rain forests, mountain cloud forests and 3,500 miles of Pacific and Caribbean coastline. It’s a cocktail of ecological wonders, rich history and a city rivaling Miami in fine dining, culture and nightlife. Also, the beautiful Dreams Delight Playa Bonita raises the bar on all-inclusive for all guests who visit the county!
Panama Bucket List
- Panama City – Panama City is one of Latin America’s premier commercial and financial hubs, ready to welcome you with fine dining, culture, and nightlife rivaling Miami.
- Casco Viejo – The up-and-coming historic quarter of Panama City is designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A contrast to the modern high rises of the city, Casco Viejo is an authentic, Spanish colonial neighborhood worth exploring.
- The Panama Canal — Named one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World by the American Society of Civil Engineers, the man-made waterway connects the Atlantic and Pacific. Cruise beneath the Panama Canal’s Bridge of Americas and transit the Miraflores and Pedro Miguel Locks.
- The Rainforest – Panama has the most diversified wildlife of any country in Central America. Soberania National Park, only 15 miles from Panama City, offers hiking trails and an abundance of wildlife. Take an aerial tram and see the jungle from the treetops!
- World-Class Golf – Panama is home to world-class golf courses in stunning settings. Enjoy panoramic views of the Panama Canal and city skyline while playing at the Tucan Country Club Golf Course, only 15 minutes from Dreams Delight Playa Bonita Panama.
- 1,500 Islands – Panama is home to over 1,500 islands from uninhabited to popular travel destinations like Bocas del Toro. Many islands are still home to indigenous peoples of Panama. Explore their pristine beaches and rainforests or go whale watching, snorkeling or diving.
- El Valle de Anton – El Valle de Anton is located inside a crater of the inactive El Valle volcano. The valley town is full of natural and cultural attractions such as thermal pools, “square trees,” waterfalls, and a handicraft market.
- Cloud Forests – Explore cloud forest trails in Chiriquí. Warm air rises to meet the cold air of the mountains and forms a constant cloud-like atmosphere making for a unique ecosystem.
- Biodiversity Museum – Spend a morning in Panama City’s Biodiversity Museum, designed by renowned architect Frank Gehry. The brightly colored, modern structure of the museum and the surrounding park with panoramic views of the ocean and Panama Canal are just as striking as the exhibits inside.
- Eco-Adventure – Travelers looking for adventure, look no further! Ziplining, jungle treks, scuba diving, white water rafting, kayaking, rock climbing and more can all be done here!
- East meets West – Panama is the only country in the world where you can watch the sun rise on the Pacific and set on the Atlantic.
Can’t decide? Don’t worry, you won’t have to. Given the country’s size, it’s possible to plan a relatively short trip that includes all of our bucket list items!
Interested in taking part in cultural events while on your stay at Dreams Delight Playa Bonita?
- Sea Turtle Hatching & Nesting – June – November – Five of the world’s eight species of sea turtles can be found in Panama. If you are staying at Dreams Delight Playa Bonita from June through November, you can find sea turtles emerging to lay their eggs in the sand of the beach.
- Whale Watching – July – October & December – February – Witness the migration of whales, who have the longest migratory journey of any mammal. Panama is one of the few places in the world with two whale watching seasons with whales migrating from Antarctica and Alaska. You can observe these majestic mammals in their natural habitat with a whale watching tour.
- Pollera Festival – July – This national festival commemorates the pollera, the iconic national costume of Panama, and recognizes the artisans who create them. In the city of Las Tablas, a contest for the best pollera takes place along with a parade, music and dancing.
- Fair of the Sea – September – Fair of the Sea is a four-day event celebrating fisherman, boatmen and the sea. Thousands of people visit Bocas del Toro, Panama to join the island festivities of rides, sports and local arts and crafts.
- Panama Independence Days – November – Throughout the month of November, Panama celebrates its independence with parades and festivities. November 3rd is Separation Day from Colombia and November 10th and 28th celebrate Panama’s independence from Spain.
Don’t miss your chance to visit this breath-taking country and beautiful resort! Book using our Wanderlust promotion going on now!
Need more convincing? Click here and check out more special offers!
Visit the unique destination of Panama, where you can experience beaches, rainforest, mountains and city—all from Dreams Delight Playa Bonita Panama. Located on Playa Bonita, the closest beach to Panama City and literally meaning “beautiful beach,” Dreams Delight Playa Bonita is perfect for special romantic getaways and memorable family vacations.
from Day Dreams | The Official Blog of Dreams Resorts & Spas http://ift.tt/2plS4do Visit Taylor & Co. Travel’s AllInclusive website at http://ift.tt/2ndHCGE for all your travel, wedding & accessory needs, and to book your Dreams Resort Xperience or Destination Wedding!!!