Watch the recap of our September 2017 barge trip along France’s Petit-Seine & Yonne rivers on CroisiEurope’s Raymonde.
- September 13, Wednesday, PARIS – MELUN Join us this morning for a coach and foot tour of Paris. Our tour of the city will bring you to some of the most important sites in the capital: the Place de la Republique, the grand boulevards, the Palais Garnier, the Madeleine Church, the Place Vendôme, and the Louvre. Leaving from the Palais-Royal, we’ll walk through the unique Parisian covered walkways—pedestrian shortcuts with a life all their own within the heart of the bustling city. You’ll be able to step back in time and history around the Palais-Royal. The galleries have retained their charm, but now the likes of Shiseido, Jean-Paul Gauthier, and Stella McCartney bring their own certain class. We’ll spend the afternoon cruising to Evry for a technical stop of 30 minutes and continue on to Melun, arriving at 7 p.m. During the transit, sit back and enjoy the bucolic scenery along the Seine riverbanks. After dinner, the evening is free to do as you please. Overnight Melun.
- September 14, Thursday, MELUN-SAINT-MAMMES-MONTEREAU-FAULT-YONNE. We’ll spend the morning cruising towards Saint-Mammes. In the afternoon, join us for a tour of the Palace of Fontainebleau and its magnificent gardens. All the kings and queens of France passed through Fontainebleau at one time or another. The château is a unique example of a residence that was inhabited regularly for more than eight centuries. The French gardens, fountains and flowerbeds will transport you back to the palace’s days of glory. We’ll also visit the cosmopolitan town which sprung up around the château to round out your tour. After our visit, we’ll return to the ship and continue on to MONTEREAU-FAULT-YONNE On the way, we’ll cruise through the famous Forest of Fontainebleau, the inspiration for so many French painters in the past, including the Impressionists. We’ll remain in port overnight. After dinner, the evening is free to do as you please.
- September 15, Friday, MONTEREAU-FAULT-YONNE-SENS. This morning, we depart at 9 a.m. to cruise the Yonne River, a tributary of the Seine. During our peaceful journey, we’ll pass by several lakes and ponds. We’ll arrive in Sens towards 4:30 p.m. Upon arrival, come with us to visit the city, home to a variety of historical buildings with impressive architecture. The cathedral in Sens was the first of the great Gothic cathedrals in France and was the inspiration in layout and design for many others, including Canterbury Cathedral in Great Britain. Strolling through the street and along the promenades, you’ll take in the remarkable homes, buildings and wall fronts that are testimony to the town’s rich past. Take some time to browse in the market and taste the local products. After our tour, we’ll return to the ship. Tonight is our gala dinner. Overnight Sens.
- September 16, Saturday, SENS-JOIGNY. We’ll spend the morning cruising the river, arriving in Joigny by late morning. In the afternoon, take a tour of city. Walking along the charming labyrinth of streets, we’ll admire the wooden facades that make Joigny houses unique and visit the former wine-making neighborhood. We’ll enjoy a sampling of the local Burgundy wines, of course. The wine from Joigny was once served at the French royal tables. After our tour, we’ll return to the ship. After dinner, the evening is free to do as you please.
- September 17, Sunday, JOIGNY OVERNIGHT Today we will have tours to Auxerre and Chablis with wine-tastings.
- September 18, Monday, Transfer at 6;30 a.m. back to Paris for flights home (or overnight in Paris and fly the next day) or transfer at 9 a.m. to the Loire Valley for the optional post-trip activities.
The post Feature Video: A Barge Trip Along France’s Petit-Seine & Yonne Rivers appeared first on River Cruise Advisor.
from River Cruise Advisor http://ift.tt/2xJhzwy Visit Taylor & Co. Travel’s AllInclusive website at http://ift.tt/2ndHCGE for all your travel, wedding & accessory needs, and to book your River Cruise Xperience or Destination Wedding!!!