Summer is best served up with a twist. Read on for our favorite San Diego summer cocktails from the Crown Landing Mixologist, Michael Olczak.
This is one of our brunch bevvies, and I am personally quite a fan. The rosé gives it a lovely bubbly consistency, and the strawberry-infused tequila is made here in-house. You can find this type of tequila at your local liquor store, or make your own! This cocktail is perfect for an afternoon by the pool.
– 1 oz strawberry infused tequila
– ½ of a lemon
– 1 oz rosé wine
– 1 oz simple syrup
Combine tequila, lemon juice and simple syrup in shaker with ice. Shake until well blended. Strain over crushed ice. Add rosé. Garnish with lemon peel. Enjoy.
The Gin Fixx
This is one of my favorite drinks, hands down. It is so refreshing, and a beautiful pink color that just screams summer. Even better: it’s extremely simple to create! We made this one super simple with a printable down below.
– 2 oz of Hendrick’s Gin
– 0.75 oz of simple syrup
– 0.75 oz of fresh lemon juice
– 3 fresh raspberries (plus 3 for garnish)
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake until well blended. Double strain into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with three raspberries on a bamboo skewer.
Clarified Milk Punch- aka Weekend at Bernie’s
This one is for the most adventurous cocktail enthusiasts. Clarified milk punch is not incredibly difficult, though it is a bit time consuming. To give you the most basic rundown of the process, hot milk is added to the mixed cocktail, curdling the milk (stay with me), and the punch is then strained to remove the curds. (For all my nerds out there, check out this article on the science of the process) The result is an almost clear beverage that is incredibly delicious and far too drinkable to be a good idea.
Serves 6–8 people
– 16 oz whiskey of your choice
– The peels from 4 lemons
– 8 oz whole milk
– 2 cups water
– 1 cup simple syrup
– 4 oz green tea w/ lotus blossom
– 4 oz lemon juice
- Peel 4 lemons and place in whiskey to rest for 24–48 hours
- Remove peels and add water, simple syrup, and lemon juice to the whiskey (This is the cocktail portion)
- Bring milk, green tea, and lotus flower to light simmer in a sauce pan.
- Remove from heat and place in a plastic or glass container.
- Begin adding the cocktail to the milk slowly. Give gentle stir and let sit for 30 mins to an hour.
- Once curds have formed properly it is time to strain. Line a mesh strainer with a large coffee filter and pour mixture in slowly. Once completely strained, strain once more to remove further turbidity using the same filter, being sure to leave the curds in there, as they help clarifying the final product.
- Chill down and serve over large ice cube.
Grab your favorite pool floatie and show us your creations on Instagram and Twitter with the hashtag #LoewsCoronado. Rock your summer.
from Loews Hotel #WishYouWereHere http://ift.tt/2qXFXoG Visit Taylor & Co. Travel’s AllInclusive website at http://ift.tt/2ndHCGE for all your travel, wedding & accessory needs, and to book your Loews Hotel Xperience or Destination Wedding, our favorite is the Don Cesar in St. Pete Beach Florida!!!