The Fruit Loop of the Columbia River Gorge
Mention the Columbia River Gorge and your mind conjures up images of “old west” history, abundant agriculture, and exciting recreation opportunities.
To truly experience the Gorge, take a few steps off the beaten path and follow the Fruit Loop. While the thirty-five-mile loop drive started in 1992 by local orchard owners and farmers, the concept of bringing people to the Gorge to sample some of the best fruit in the world, began in 1964.
Majestic Mount Hood stands guard over acres of volcanic rich orchards and hillside vineyards. With over thirty stops on the Fruit Loop, it’s hard to know where to start. Here’s a few highlights you won’t want to miss. Be sure and check out the full map and each farmer’s website for details on seasons and hours.
- The Gorge White House Fruit Stand and Winery: This place has it all. Fresh fruit, wine, hard cider, a stunning flower garden, art gallery and a fantastic patio restaurant. Located on a historic 1906 working farm, the beautiful white house in the center of the property follows a long-standing tradition in the local community.
- Mt. Hood Winery: Just down the road is one of the premier wineries in the Gorge. Their website tag line says, “Come for the Wine. Stay for the views,” and that is so true. Sit in the tasting room and sip one of their award-winning wines, while enjoying a stunning panoramic view of Mount Hood.
- Hood River Lavender Farms & Lavender Valley Farms: You can’t stop at only one of these lavender farms. Both offer friendly owners, great views, beautiful fields and wonderful lavender products. Take some lavender home with you to enjoy the “smell” of the Gorge year-round.
- Packer Orchards Bakery and Farm Place: With two locations and a plethora of farm stand offerings, this is a must-see stop on the loop. Strawberries, tomatoes, pumpkins and fresh-baked pies and cookies are just a sample of the yummy goodness available on this family owned working farm.
- Apple Valley Country Store & Bakery: One of Hood River County’s favorite tourist destinations, the Apple Valley Country Store & Bakery provides an old-fashioned country mercantile ambiance and a huge menu of farm fresh homemade products you can take with you to enjoy. And don’t forget to sample their famous Huckleberry milkshakes. Creamy goodness and sweet huckleberries at their best.
- So much more…
There is nothing like visiting a road-side fruit stand and smelling the musky rich sweetness of fresh picked peaches or strawberries. Will you make a pie or eat them fresh? Choices… choices!
Pacific Northwest – Get the variety sampler on this Pacific Northwest Tour!! We’ll start out visiting the 33rd most visited tourist attraction in the world, Seattle’s World Famous Pike Place Market on Lake Washington! We’ll have a Boeing Tour with a one-of-a-kind opportunity to view the production line of 747, 777 and 787 Dreamliners, and, of course, there’ll be a visit to Seattle’s Space Needle. Other tour highlights will be a stop at Heceta Head Lighthouse, the most photographed lighthouse in the world, a Sand Land Dune Buggy Tour, and a behind-the-scenes tour of the Oregon Coast Aquarium with a catered dinner in the Shark Tank!! We’ll visit the home of the Spruce Goose, enjoy a splendid panoramic view of the Columbia Gorge at Vista House at Crown Point, view the over 600 foot cascading Multnomah Falls and enjoy Sokol Blosser, one of the valleys most beautiful wineries. There will be lots more to do and see as we travel famous Highway 101. Beauty, history, charm, and some man made wonders, this trip has it all!!
Cascade Loop – Few fully know the intense and rugged beauty of the North Cascades- jagged peaks, deep valleys, cascading waterfalls, and over 700 glaciers…It’s a thrilling ride through the heart of Washington State. “The Loop” is 440 miles long and is as diverse as it is magnificent!
from TAP into Travel Blog http://ift.tt/2vT8OvN Visit Taylor & Co. Travel’s AllInclusive website at http://ift.tt/2ndHCGE for all your travel, wedding & accessory needs, and to book your Guided Xperience or Destination Wedding!!!