LEGOLAND is a family theme park, based on the mega popular LEGO building blocks. The fun-filled arena in Dubai is part of the much-bigger Dubai Parks and Resorts, which also includes two other theme parks, Motiongate, and Bollywood Parks. Surprisingly, LEGOLAND is not owned by LEGO Group, but by the British theme park company, Merlin Entertainments.
With over 40 fantastic rides, family-friendly attractions, and innovative play areas for kids, LEGOLAND is a special place. If your kids are familiar with the magic of LEGOS, they’ll appreciate the fun and excitement of a land made entirely of giant LEGOS. If they aren’t used to playing with these tiny blocks of joy, well, now’s the time to get them started! The park also boasts of a giant LEGO version of Dubai’s pride, the Burj Khalifa and the enchanting Dubai skyline.
Excited? We haven’t even revealed the best part yet!
Within the main LEGOLAND complex, there’s a thrilling Waterpark with rides that both you and your kids can enjoy. Clearly, there’s no better way to beat the scorching Dubai heat than LEGOLAND! Join in on the fun and frolic with your family this summer at LEGOLAND, one of the most popular attractions in Dubai.
LEGOLAND Dubai Timings
To allow unlimited fun, LEGOLAND Dubai is open all through the week, Monday to Sunday!
LEGOLAND Park, Dubai
4pm – 12am
LEGOLAND Waterpark Dubai
10am – 7pm
- LEGOLAND, Dubai is spread over a massive area of 3 million square feet, making it the second largest park in Dubai Parks and Resorts.
- Apart from hosting some of the best rides in the city, LEGOLAND also has a LEGO Factory where you and your kids can witness LEGOS of all shapes and sizes being created.
- LEGOLAND Dubai is the first LEGOLAND in the Middle East!
- About 60 million LEGO blocks were used to create the fabulous structures in the park.
- LEGOLAND, Dubai also features “The Big Shop”, the largest retail store for all kinds of LEGO awesomeness.
- There are a total of 15,000 LEGO structures spread throughout the park. 15,000!!
Top Five Rides
- Rescue Academy
- Lost Kingdom Adventure
- Merlin’s Flying Machines
- LEGO Technic Twister
- Pharaoh’s Revenge
LEGOLAND Theme Park
- The theme park section of LEGOLAND has a baby care facility in the Imagination Land. Equipped with a kitchenette and play area for babies, the baby care facility is perfect for mothers to nurse their kids while the older kids take a spin of the park.
- You can park your vehicle at the Dubai Parks and Resorts parking at a flat rate of AED 20 per day.
LEGOLAND Water Park
- If you’re planning on visiting LEGOLAND Dubai during the summers, we would recommend renting a cabana for your family. While a tad expensive and available in a limited number, it provides you a cool spot in all the heat, fridge, and extra service from the park staff.
- There are shoe racks available near each water ride, where you can deposit your footwear. Since the ground can get pretty warm during the summers, only take of your shoes/slippers when entering a water ride.
The LEGOLAND Dubai park features five unique lands created with distinct themes, allowing visitors a unique experience every step of the way. Let’s look at each land in detail.
- LEGO City: A city made entirely of LEGOS! That’s exactly what’s in store for you at LEGO City. Watch your kids learn how to drive an electric car. Doesn’t interest you? There’s a plane they can fly or a boat they can steer instead!
- Imagination: It’s a land of pure imagination! Your kids can build a LEGO car and race it with their friends, get a bird’s-eye view of the entire LEGOLAND park with the Kid Power Towers, or just get building the greatest LEGO ever made! Sky’s the limit.
- Kingdoms: Take a dive into a world of fantasy and magic with the Kingdom land. Go on a thrilling roller coaster ride through the King’s castle and Conquer The Dragon or take a quick whirl around the park in Merlin’s Challenge.
- Adventure: This one is for the thrill seekers. From the thrilling underwater adventure featuring submarines to an exciting journey through ancient temple ruins to recover a pharaoh’s stolen treasure. Nothing’s out of bounds.
- MINILAND: A family special, MINILAND features all of Dubai’s iconic buildings and attraction in LEGO form. The best part? You can build your very own skyline at Build Your City!
Buy LEGOLAND Dubai Tickets
You can get LEGOLAND Dubai tickets and LEGOLAND Water Park tickets from multiple places. There are authorised booths outside the entrance that sell day pass tickets for both sections of the park. You can also buy annual passes for both the theme park and the water park online.
There are third-party vendors like Headout, an online concierge for fun, exciting experiences in Dubai, that sell discounted LEGOLAND Dubai tickets and LEGOLAND Water Park tickets.
Here are the tickets available under the “Summer Offer”*.
LEGOLAND Offers & Promotions
LEGOLAND Dubai Annual Pass
Price: AED 765
- Unlimited early access to both the theme park and water park
- Special annual pass events and offers
- Retail and Food & Beverage discounts
- Free parking till December 2017
LEGOLAND Dubai + LEGOLAND Water Park
- Unlimited access to the LEGOLAND Dubai park
- Retail and Food & Beverage discounts
- Free parking till December 2017
Find more LEGOLAND Dubai tickets pricing information here
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
- THE GOOD
- THE BAD
- There’s a lot to see and do around LEGOLAND Dubai and one day might not be enough if you’re planning on visiting the water park too.
- While perfect for kids below 12, teenagers might not find the park to their liking given that most attractions are more kid-friendly than for teenagers.
Getting to LEGOLAND Dubai
LEGOLAND Dubai is located within the Dubai Parks and Resorts in Dubai on Sheikh Zayed Road, opposite Palm Jebel Ali.
From downtown Dubai, the trip to LEGOLAND is around 40 minutes. Head south of Sheikh Zayed Road. Drive past Dubai Marina and Jebel Ali and you will see Dubai Parks and Resorts on the left.
Via public transport
Take the red metro line south all the way to the last station, Jebel Ali. From there, you will have to take a taxi the rest of the way – which should only take you about 15 minutes.
From Dubai International Airport
Head south on E11, also known as Sheikh Zayed Road, towards Abu Dhabi. It’s just a straight shot from there, past Dubai Marina and Jebel Ali. You will see Dubai Parks and Resorts on your left. The trip takes around 45 minutes with low traffic, or close to an hour if there is heavy traffic.
From Al Maktoum International Airport
LEGOLAND is only 20 minutes away from this Al Maktoum. Take the Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road south and turn right towards E11. Take another right, towards Dubai. Dubai Parks and Resorts will appear almost immediately on the right side of the road.
Given its family-friendly status, you can bet that there are plenty of great places to eat inside LEGOLAND Dubai. From this list, select restaurants will remain open during Ramadan.
All restaurants are open during park hours.
1. Aqua Treats
2. Caesar’s Pizza and Pasta Buffet
3. City Snacks
4. Granny’s Apple Fries
5. Knight’s Table
6. The Cafe
- Lapita Hotel Dubai
- Riverland Dubai Resorts
- Anantara the Palm
- Fairmont the Palm
- Grand Hyatt
- Grand Millenium
- Jebel Ali Golf Resort
- Jumeirah Al Naseem
- Jumeirah Al Qasr
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel
- Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf
- Movenpick Hotel IBN Battuta
- Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach
- Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach
- The Address Dubai Marina
- Viceroy Yas
- Wyndham Dubai Marina
There are certain rides with height restrictions for each section of the park. Here’s a useful list:
KINGDOM: The Dragon’s Apprentice
Minimum Height: 195 cm
KINGDOM: The Dragon
Minimum Height: 120 cm
IMAGINATION: Kid Power Towers
LEGO City: Driving School
Minimum Height: 110 cm
IMAGINATION: Technic Twister
KINGDOM: Merlin’s Challenge, Merlin’s Flying Machines,
ADVENTURE: Beetle Bounce, Wave Racers
Minimum Height: 105 cm
LEGO City: City Airport, Junior Driving School, Rescue Academy
Minimum Height: 95 cm
ADVENTURE: Lost Kingdom Adventure
Minimum Height: 90 cm
IMAGINATION: DUPLO Express & ADVENTURE: Submarine Adventure
Minimum Height: 80 cm
- During summers, try and reach the park after sunset. It serves two purposes, one, you can escape the heat, and two, there’s something magical about being in the park after dusk.
- As you would expect, weekends at the LEGOLAND Dubai are pretty crowded. We would recommend going in during weekdays to skip the crowd.
- Outside food is not allowed, except for baby food. So pack accordingly.
- There’s a short walk from where you park your car to the entrance of the park. Avoid high heels or uncomfortable footwear because you’ll be walking around a lot!
- Bring water bottles aplenty. It will get pretty hot and you’ll need to stay hydrated at all times.
- A combo pass for LEGOLAND Dubai and LEGOLAND Water Park is a great way to money and experience both parks together.
Ready to head to LEGOLAND Dubai?
The post LEGO For Fun! – All You Need To Know About LEGOLAND Dubai appeared first on Headout Blog.
from Headout Blog http://ift.tt/2rpisIv Visit our AllInclusive website for your travel, wedding accessory needs http://ift.tt/2ndHCGE To book your Headout Xperience direct click http://bit.ly/2nnVcHY